Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 4 burgers
2 cans (15.5 ounce) black beans, drained but not rinsed
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup grated onion
1 package Wild Wild West Smokin’ BBQ Dip
1 teaspoon hot sauce
olive oil for cooking
4 hamburger buns
4 slices Swiss cheese
Red onion slices
- Place the black beans in a Tara at Home 3-quart bowl and mash with a potato masher. Mash until most are broken, but some are still whole
- Add bread crumbs, onion, egg, Wild Wild West Smokin’ BBQ Dip and hot sauce. Blend thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with some olive oil. Add burgers. Cook on one side for 5-6 minutes and then flip. Continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes, until heated through.
- Place burger on the bun and top with avocado, tomato, onion and lettuce to your liking.