Recipe submitted by Tara at Home Independent Consultant,
2 qt bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 pack Oh My Garlic Dip Mix
1 cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped celery
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Salt & pepper, to taste
½ cup red wine (merlot), optional
- Place cooking oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in Oh My Garlic Dip, onions and celery. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add in beans, diced tomatoes in juice, tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, cloves, salt, pepper and wine, if you’re using it. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot.