Seal the Meal™
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 – 3 Tbsps olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 ribs celery, finely chopped
1 – 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
1 cup thin sliced carrots
1 (32 ounce) carton chicken stock
½ cup white wine, optional
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup egg noodles
1 ½ – 2 cups diced cooked chicken*
¼ cup chopped parsley
- In a medium sized pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add onions and celery and reduce heat to medium. Sauté until onions soften, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, chicken stock, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 10 minutes until noodles and carrots are done.
- Add chicken and parsley and continue simmering until chicken is heated through.
- Serve in a Tara at Home Seal the Meal.
*Note: This recipe is my “go to” for left over rotisserie chicken or even for leftover turkey.
TRY IT OUT & TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!