Prep Time: 20 minutes
Rest Time: 4 hours
Yield: 6 servings
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
¼ cup coconut flakes
1 ¼ cups full-fat coconut milk
6 Tbsps. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 ½ Tbsps. potato starch
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. coconut extract
Toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- Place the chocolate in a 1-quart Tara at Home bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk and 1 ¼ cups water in a medium pot over medium-high heat until it begins to steam, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the sugar, eggs, salt, potato starch, cocoa powder and cinnamon in a food processor until combined.
- Add in 1 cup of hot coconut milk in a steady stream and pulse again. Return the warm egg mixture to the pot with the remaining coconut milk and cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until thick and glossy and beginning to bubble.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the melted chocolate, vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Divide the pudding into six rammies and cover with your plastic snap-on storage covers. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours. Top with toasted coconut before serving.
TRY IT OUT & TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!