Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rest Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 loaf French bread
½ cup butter
2 Tbsps. light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsps. cinnamon sugar
- Cut bread loaf into 1-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Add butter, corn syrup and brown sugar to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute. Carefully pour into the bottom of your Tara at Home 13×9 Baker.
- Arrange bread slices on top of caramel mixture, overlapping them as needed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Pour evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve hot.