Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1 box yellow cake mix
¾ cup vegetable oil
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and sour cream in a Tara at Home 3-quart bowl. Stir by hand until large lumps are gone.
- Pour half of the batter into your Tara at Home 13×9 Baker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle all over the top.
- Carefully spread the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a butter knife to create a swirl pattern on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is in the oven whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- As soon as the cake is done baking spread the icing all over the top. It will crackle as it cools. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.PRINT friendly pdf
TRY IT OUT & TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!