Super Bowl fun is just a couple days away and Founder & CEO, Tara Tesher dishes about her game day go-tos! Gameday snacks have a few requirements, they must be easy to make, easy to enjoy and of course have amazing flavor.
There is no reason to be stuck in the kitchen at kickoff, watch Tara’s step by step instructions for some delicious favorites.
1 qt. Bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
½ lb. Ground Beef
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Fresh Basil
2 Cups Tomato Sauce
3/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
1. In a saucepan, brown the meat, flavor with garlic, Italian seasoning and fresh basil.
2. In a X qt. Bowl, mix the browned meat, tomato sauce, ricotta, salt, and pepper.
3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, serve with garlic bread.
Looking for something a little lighter? How about a traditional Italian dish turned healthy gameday appetizer. These Eggplant Parmesan bites are the perfect finger food that won’t have you regretting your Super Bowl Sunday snacking decisions.
EGGPLANT PARMESAN BITES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
½ Cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
2 Large Egg White
1 Cup Marinara Sauce
1. Slice the eggplant into rounds, about ¾ inch thick, then slice the rounds into wedges about an inch wide. Make sure all the pieces are about the same size (this will make sure they bake evenly).
2. Place the eggplant wedges into a 3 qt. Bowl, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl 2 qt. Bowl, and egg whites in 1 qt. Bowl.
4. Dip the strips of eggplant into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs. Using a fork, remove eggplant from crumbs and place on the Unlimit-lid. Sprinkle eggplant fries with a dash of parmesan cheese and parsley flakes, bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool, serve with marinara as a dipping sauce.